Contractor: Golden Construction
The Birmingham School of Law Project involved the historic renovation of the J.F. Oates Motor Company Building, which was originally constructed in 1929. The original auto dealership was re-purposed as a law school containing classrooms, administration areas, student commons, a theater, a mock court room, and a roof-top deck among other amenities. In addition to revised structural elements, the project consisted of entirely new MEP systems, the addition of a new elevator, as well as restoration of the existing masonry. The project also had an extensive millwork package with white oak paneling and shelving throughout.